1. At Rug Importers we recommend that rugs never be cleaned on location unless there are extenuating circumstances such as size, weight, or furniture issues that come into play. You will never receive the level of service you are looking for with in-home cleaning. While the price might be lower, the fringe cannot be cleaned properly and dry soil removal will not be done adequately to satisfy the cleaning requirements of most area rugs. These are just two examples to consider in your decision making process.
2. Best Practice recommendation from manufacturers of oriental and Fine rugs is that hand-made rugs be cleaned every two to four years. Some rugs in high traffic areas should be cleaned at least once a year. Soil becomes deeply embedded in some rugs very quickly and becomes almost impossible to remove when untreated for long periods of time.
3. Vacuum rugs regularly. 80 percent of soil in rugs is dry particulate matter. This matter acts as sandpaper and will wear out a rug.
4. Protect your wool rugs. Most wool rugs are generally sold without any type of stain protection. Have your valuable rug protected.
5. Spill and accidents should be addressed immediately but, do not use over the counter spot cleaners found in most home improvement stores and your local grocery. Some of these cleaning agents are very aggressive and can permanently discolor your rugs. Use club soda as an emergency measure until a professional can clean the rug with the proper solutions and methods.
6. Invest in a good rug pad. A pad helps with slippage, increases the life of the rug, absorbs noise and makes the rug thicker for easier walking. We at Rug Importers can help you select the right pad and provide proper instructions on how to cut and lay your padding.
The area rugs in your home or office represent a significant investment in most cases. Rug Importers wants to ensure that they stay clean and in the best possible condition for years to come. Allergens, dust mites, sand, dirt and hair are all trapped in your area rug fibers. Regular cleaning and maintenance can ensure prolonging the life and beauty of your rugs for generations to come. Call us today at 201-576-0042 to receive more information on how we can help with your area rug cleaning needs.
Please Call us Today at 201-576-0042 to Request a Free Estimate